Kuungana na sisi

coronavirus

Tume inasaidia utafiti muhimu juu ya plasma ya convalescent kutibu #Coronavirus

EU Reporter Mwandishi

Imechapishwa

on

Tume imetangaza kuwa itaunga mkono na milioni 4 ya mradi mpya wa utafiti, SUPPORT-E, ambayo itaratibu juhudi za kubaini ikiwa COVID-19 inaongezewa kuongezewa plasma - kwa kutumia plasma kutoka kwa wagonjwa waliopona ugonjwa - ni bora na matibabu salama. Fedha hizo ni sehemu ya Tume Ahadi ya bilioni 1 kwa utafiti wa coronavirus na uvumbuzi, ambayo iko chini ya Horizon 2020 na inaelekezwa kwa ukuzaji wa chanjo, matibabu mpya na zana za uchunguzi ili kuzuia kuenea kwa virusi.

Kamishna wa Ubunifu, Utafiti, Utamaduni, Elimu na Vijana Mariya Gabriel alisema: "Kutumia plasma kutoka kwa wagonjwa ambao wamepona kutoka kwa COVID-19 na kupata majibu ya kinga ni njia ya kuahidi sana ya kutibu ugonjwa, lakini tunahitaji ushahidi zaidi juu ya ufanisi wake na usalama. Tume inachukua jukumu muhimu kwa kuunga mkono juhudi za kimataifa za kuongeza ushahidi na kutathmini uwezo wa tiba hii na vile vile kuhakikisha kuwa haina athari mbaya. "

SUPPORT-E inaongozwa na Umoja wa Damu Ulaya (EBA) na inaleta pamoja vituo vikuu 12 vya utafiti na vituo vya kliniki na uwezo wa utafiti wa kiwango cha ulimwengu kutoka nchi sita wanachama wa EU, na vile vile Uswizi na Uingereza. Itaratibu na kuwezesha masomo ya kliniki juu ya kuongezewa damu kwa plasma inayofanyizwa kote Ulaya. Hii itasaidia sio tu kuamua usalama na ufanisi, lakini pia kuelewa vizuri ni wagonjwa gani wanaopaswa kuongezewa damu na jinsi, na pia jinsi michango inapaswa kupimwa na kuchaguliwa ili kuhakikisha matokeo bora ya matibabu. Mradi unaongeza kwa kwingineko ya Utafiti unaofadhiliwa na EU na vitendo vya uvumbuzi na inakamilisha sera na shughuli za afya ya umma ambazo Tume inaratibu na Nchi Wanachama. Habari zaidi inapatikana hapa.

coronavirus

Australia asks EU to review block of AstraZeneca vaccine

Reuters

Imechapishwa

on

By

Australia has asked the European Commission to review its decision to block a shipment of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine, as countries importing EU-made shots fear a potential impact on supplies, kuandika Colin Packham, Kiyoshi Takenaka na Sabine Siebold.

Australia appeals to EU over Italy's vaccine block

The EU executive backed Italy’s decision to block a shipment of 250,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Australia, European officials said, in the first refusal of an export request since a mechanism to monitor vaccine flows was established in late January.

The move was a reaction to AstraZeneca’s delays in delivering vaccines to the EU. The company has said it can supply only about 40 million doses by the end of this month compared to 90 million foreseen in its contract.

One official said the Anglo-Swedish firm had initially asked Rome to ship even more doses to Australia, but then cut its request to 250,000 after a first refusal by Italy, where some of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccines are bottled.

“Australia has raised the issue with the European Commission through multiple channels, and in particular we have asked the European Commission to review this decision,” Australian Health Minister Greg Hunt told reporters in Melbourne.

A spokeswoman for the European Commission said on Friday that the EU executive had received no specific request from Australia’s health minister on the vaccine block.

Hunt said Australia, which began its inoculation programme two weeks ago, had already received 300,000 doses of AstraZeneca’s vaccine, which would last until local production of the vaccine ramps up. He added the missing doses would not affect the rollout of Australia’s inoculation programme.

When asked about the EU’s export ban, Japan vaccine minister Taro Kono said: “We are asking the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to thoroughly investigate. We want to work with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to secure the vaccines bound for Japan.”

AstraZeneca did not reply to a request for comment.

Apart from the decision to block the shipment to Australia, the EU has authorised all requests for export since the scheme’s Jan. 30 debut to 1 March, which amounted to 174 requests for millions of shots to 29 countries, including Australia, Japan, Britain, the United Arab Emirates and Canada, an EU Commission spokeswoman said.

Almost all vaccines exported from the EU since the end of January are made by Pfizer and BioNTech, the head of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, said last week, with much smaller amounts being exported by Moderna and AstraZeneca.

The EU set up the mechanism to monitor vaccine exports after drugmakers announced delays in their supplies to the 27-nation bloc. It is now planning to extend the scheme until the end of June after it expires on 31 March, EU officials told Reuters.

When asked about Italy’s move, French Health Minister Olivier Veran said that Paris could do the same, although at the moment it produces no COVID-19 vaccines.

German Health Minister Jens Spahn said that drug manufacturers must honour vaccine supply contracts to Europe, but said Germany had not yet had any reason to stop shipments of shots produced domestically to other countries.

While seeking the European Commission’s intervention, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he could understand reasons for Italy’s objection.

“In Italy people are dying at the rate of 300 a day. And so I can certainly understand the high level of anxiety that would exist in Italy and in many countries across Europe,” Morrison told reporters in Sydney.

Italy’s move came just days after Prime Minister Mario Draghi, who took office last month, told fellow EU leaders that the bloc needed to speed up vaccinations and crack down on pharma companies that failed to deliver on promised supplies.

EU countries started inoculations at the end of December, but are moving at a far slower pace than other rich nations, including former member Britain and the United States. Officials blame the slow progress in part on supply problems with manufacturers.

Endelea Kusoma

coronavirus

Mpango wa Uswizi majaribio ya bure ya coronavirus kwa idadi ya watu

Reuters

Imechapishwa

on

By

Switzerland unveiled a 1 billion Swiss franc ($1.08bn) plan on Friday (5 March) to offer free coronavirus tests for its entire population as part of measures to ease the country’s exit from COVID-19 restrictions, writes John Revill.

Under the proposals each person would be given five self-test kits per months, as soon as reliable tests are available, the government said, while all tests at pharmacies and testing centres will be free of charge.

Companies and schools should carry our repeated tests

using pooled saliva samples to improve prevention and detect outbreaks early, it said. Workers at companies which test frequently could be exempt from quarantine requirements.

To ensure more testing is carried out, the government proposed to pay for the voluntary tests. It estimated the expanded testing scheme will cost more than 1 billion francs this year.

A final decision on the proposal is due on March 12, with the plan due to take effect from March 15. Cross-border commuters will also be covered.

“In order to specifically interrupt chains of infection, it must be possible to quickly identify who is carrying the virus,” the government said. “Testing is therefore a central component of pandemic control.”

Switzerland is slowly emerging from its latest lockdown, with shops, museums, and libraries reopening and sporting and cultural activities for youngsters resuming this week.

Schools and many ski lifts are open, but restaurants and cultural venues remain closed.

The next stage of reopening is planned for March 22 if the course of the pandemic allows, the government has said. It will decide on March 19 what steps to take next.

So far 9,331 people have died hapa of COVID-19 in Switzerland and neighbouring Liechtenstein during the pandemic, while 562,290 cases have been confirmed.

Church bells rang out at noon and people observed a minute of silence to mark a year since the country’s first death from COVID-19.

($ 1 = 0.9263 faranga za Uswizi)

Endelea Kusoma

China

EU lazima iwe umoja juu ya chanjo za Urusi, Kichina za COVID-19: waziri wa Ufaransa

Reuters

Imechapishwa

on

By

Waziri wa baraza la mawaziri la Ufaransa alihimiza nchi za EU Ijumaa (5 Machi) kutotumia chanjo za Urusi au Kichina za COVID-19 isipokuwa zikiidhinishwa na mdhibiti wa dawa wa bloc, akionya juu ya hatari kwa umoja na afya ya umma, anaandika Sudip Kar-Gupta.

Baada ya kuanza vizuri kwa kampeni ya chanjo ya Jumuiya ya Ulaya ambayo imeacha bloc ikibaki nchi zingine kama Uingereza, nchi zingine wanachama wa Ulaya ya kati tayari wamenunua au wanafikiria kununua risasi za Urusi au China.

Alipoulizwa ikiwa kila nchi mwanachama wa EU sasa inafanya tu "kile wanachotaka wao wenyewe", Waziri wa Maswala ya Ulaya Clement Beaune (pichani) aliiambia redio ya RTL: "Ikiwa wangechagua chanjo ya Wachina na / au Urusi, nadhani itakuwa mbaya sana."

"Ingesababisha shida kwa mshikamano wetu, na ingeleta shida ya kiafya, kwa sababu chanjo ya Urusi bado haijaidhinishwa Ulaya," alisema.

EU hadi sasa imeshughulikia ununuzi wa chanjo katikati, kupitia Tume ya Utendaji ya Uropa.

Lakini Sputnik V imeidhinishwa au inachunguzwa kwa idhini huko Hungary, Slovakia na Jamhuri ya Czech.

Hungary tayari imeanza kuchanja watu na Sinopharm na Sputnik V, na Poland imejadili kununua chanjo ya Wachina.

Mdhibiti wa dawa barani Ulaya (EMA) alisema Alhamisi ilikuwa imeanza ukaguzi wa chanjo ya Urusi ya Sputnik V. Lakini hata ikiwa imeidhinishwa, hakuna wajibu kwa Tume ya Ulaya kuiingiza kwenye jalada letu.

Ulaya hadi sasa imeidhinisha chanjo kutoka Pfizer / BioNTech ,, Moderna na AstraZeneca / Oxford, wakati hakiki zinazoendelea za wagombea wa CureVac naNovavax zinaendelea.

EMA inatarajiwa kutoa uamuzi wake juu ya chanjo ya risasi ya J & J'ssingle mnamo Machi 11.

Hungary ilikuwa nchi ya kwanza ya EU kutoa idhini ya kitaifa ya dharura ya chanjo ya Urusi mnamo Januari, Slovakia imesajili usafirishaji, na Waziri Mkuu wa Czech Andrej Babis amesema nchi yake inaweza kuhamia kutumia Sputnik V.

Eneo la Italia la Lazio limesema litatafuta dozi milioni 1 ya Sputnik V ikiwa itaidhinishwa na EMA, wakati serikali ya eneo ndogo huru la San Marino limesema limeanza kutumia chanjo ya Urusi wiki hii.

Rais wa Poland Andrzej Duda pia amezungumza na kiongozi wa China Xi Jinping juu ya kununua risasi ya Kichina ya COVID-19. Wengine nchini Urusi wote Sputnik V kama "daraja" linalowezekana kati ya Urusi na Ulaya. Tume ya Ulaya inasema hakuna mazungumzo yanayoendelea kwa sasa kuhusu kununua chanjo ya Sputnik V ya Urusi.

Endelea Kusoma

Twitter

Facebook

Trending